The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It provides opportunity to the youth to take part in various government led community service activities and programmes. The efforts of NSS volunteers have been widely acclaimed by the community, universities, colleges and general public for their selfless services to the cause of society. The main aims and objectives of NSS is community service through education and education through community service.
The NSS (Girls) Unit was started in 2019 with Dr. Preeti Shrivastava as its program officer. In 2022, Dr. Rashmi Choubey took the responsibility of N.S.S (Girls) Unit as program officer.
In 2022 NSS (Boys) Unit was started with Mr. Vidya Bhushan Mishra as its program officer.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
- Develop a sense of social and civic responsibility among themselves.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
Motto: The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”, An NSS volunteer places the ‘community’ before ‘self’.
NSS LOGO – The logo for the NSS has been based on the giant rath wheel of the world famous Karnataka Sun temple situated in Orissa, India. The red and blue colours contained in the logo motivate NSS volunteers to be active and energetic for the nation building social activities.
NSS BADGE – the NSS logo is embossed on the badge of NSS, the eight bars in the wheel of NSS logo represent the 24 hours of a day.
WINGS – We work under five different wings that allow us to promote welfare and development in Plethora of fields’ name – education, health rural development, social entrepreneurship and environment and disaster management.
Dr Rashmi Choubey
Ms. Sadhna Yadav
Dr. Madhuchanda Mukherjee
Mr. Ajay Rana
Mr. Priyansh Kaurav
- UNIT CAMP REPORT ( 2022 -2023)