Ragging is strictly prohibited inside and outside the Institute campus. The Anti-Ragging Committee constituted for this purpose by the Institute is empowered to take an immediate action against any untoward incident and also to counsel the fresher.
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student
- Any act of physical or mental abuse
The functions of Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening / reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc. The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. A gamut of positive reinforcement activities are adopted by Anti-Ragging Squad for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause.
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments:
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college for a period of one month
MR.VIDYA BHUSHAN MISHRA